Saltley, West Midlands
Temporary Full Time
Flourish Education are working with a Secondary School in Bordesley Green who are currently recruiting a Food Technology Teacher to start immediately on a long-term supply basis. The school works closely with the local community and their staff team are hardworking, supportive, and work together to create an environment where students come first and are motivated to learn.
Our client is looking for an experienced Food Technology Teacher to join their current Design Technology Department to teach across Key Stage 3 and 4. Whole class teaching responsibilities will be required including planning, marking, and attending CPD sessions and parents’ evenings.
This is a long-term position starting from ASAP and is expected to continue until Easter.
To apply to this Food Technology Teacher role, you will need the following:
· QTS in Design Technology / Food Technology
· Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
· Good behaviour management skills
· Excellent subject knowledge of Food and Nutrition curriculum
Responsibilities as a Food Technology Teacher:
· Whole class teaching responsibilities
· Driving improvements in grades
· Managing classroom behaviour
· Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress
· To be paid up to £165 a day
· Continued professional development
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Elizabeth Francis-Drummond at Flourish Education