Walsall, West Midlands
Up to £80 per day
Temporary Full Time
Flourish Education are working with a diverse mainstream one form entry school located in Walsall to recruit exclusively for SEN experienced Level 3 Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant.
This Teaching Assistant role is to work with a child in Reception with a EHCP. The child in question is in Reception working well below age related levels. The pupil has significant difficulties with speech and language meaning that social situations present challenges resulting in frustration, emotional outbursts, anxiety, social isolation and social vulnerability. When frustrated the pupil has been prone to lash out and can be very aggressive towards peers and adults.
The ideal candidate will excel in working with children with special needs, and who has a calm and patient nature. Having experience working with children with speech and language/ complex needs is a must.
The role is required to start September 2022 on a full-time basis. This role may end up going temp to perm for the right candidate.
To apply to this role, you will need the following
• Minimum Level 3 qualification or equivalent
• Experience within Early Years
• Experience working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
• Experience working with children who are non-verbal is preferable.
• To work on a 1:1 (one to one) basis with a child in Reception class
• To work with the child to develop communication
• To manage the behaviour of the child
• To work in partnership with the class teacher and SENDCo.
The Benefits In return you will receive;
• Competitive salary of up to £80 per day
• Free ongoing CPD including Safeguarding training
• Holiday pay
• The option to be paid PAYE or through an Umbrella company
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Joanne Street at Flourish Education