Flourish Education are currently working with a school in South Birmingham who are recruiting for an attendance officer to join their team in January. Our client is a modern comprehensive school that has students from 11 – 18 years old who are given the opportunity to thrive academically and in the local community.
This Attendance Officer role will involve monitoring daily attendance and punctuality checking each morning and contact home by phone/text if students are not in School and keeping live record of all calls made and letters, emails or SMS messages sent using the relevant school information systems.
The Ideal candidate will have experience working as an Attendance Officer, have a good work ethic and be able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
This a full-time role to start in January 2024 and is initially until Easter.
To apply to this Attendance Officer role, you will need the following.
- To have experience working with SIMS database is desirable
- To have worked in a UK school is essential
- Experience working as an attendance officer is desirable.
- To be first aid trained is desirable
- To be able to work both alongside a team and independently
- A good telephone manager
- Good Organisation skills
- To be able to work well independently and as a part of a team.
Responsibilities as a Attendance Officer
- Administer a daily attendance and punctuality check each morning and contact home by phone/text if students are not in School.
- Access, read and analyse absence data throughout the working day to establish patterns that might need to be followed up from a safeguarding perspective and refer as appropriate.
- Identify students where appropriate action regarding attendance needs to be taken and advise to the appropriate staff.
- Keep live record of all calls made and letters, emails or SMS messages sent using the relevant school information systems.
- Ensure that all key staff are kept updated on student absence.
- Check that staff are completing registers correctly.
- Support general admin tasks within the school office.
Working as a Attendance Officer for Flourish Education you will receive excellent benefits including:
- A competitive salary of up to £95 per day which equates to £18,525 based on working 5 days a week for the full school year.
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 14.36% of your day rate.
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1, Prevent and FGM training.
- Refer to a Friend bonus scheme.
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work.
- Up to £150 welcome to the team bonus – paid automatically after working 10 days.
- Your own dedicated consultant who will spend time getting to know you to ensure you are placed in schools that you will thrive in
- Free ongoing CPD opportunities
The school is situated near Selly Oak and is easily accessible from areas such as Moseley, Kings Norton. Highters Heath, Northfield, Bournville.
If you require any further information, please contact Georgia Hayward at Flourish Education