Up to £60 per day
Permanent Part Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently working with a before and after school club in Bournville/Northfield who are recruiting for a Club Manager.
The role is to manage the day to day running of the provision maintaining it to a Good/ Outstanding grading. To manage a small team of staff to aid with the club's operation providing a safe and high quality childcare provision.
Hours between: 7.00am – 09.00am and 2.30 - 6pm every day Monday to Friday term time.
7.00am – 6.00pm during school holidays.
To apply to this role you will need the following:
· Enhanced Disclosure from DBS
· Minimum of a Level 3 qualification related to children’s care, learning and development or equivalent qualification
· In date Paediatric First Aid Training
· To be able to demonstrate understanding of the EYFS
· Recent experience working with children aged 4 – 12 years
· Recent experience of working in out of school clubs
· Understanding of Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
· Knowledge and understanding of OFSTED, previous experience of an inspection.
· Ability to work within a team
· Experience promoting positive behaviour
· To be committed to equality, diversity and inclusion for all
· To have a sufficient understanding of the English language to ensure the wellbeing of the children,
· Able to use a computer, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Office
· To be committed to continual professional development
· Approachable with good interpersonal skills
· Well organised, enthusiastic, energetic and reliable
· To lead and manage the team of staff working in the Out of School Club.
· To lead and develop quality play and activity opportunities ensuring the engagement of all children specific to their needs in a homely, nurturing and safe environment.
· To ensure the safety and well-being of all children at all times.
· Ensure the implementation and regular review of all Club and Centre policies and procedures, the implementation of play-work principles and general childcare requirements.
· Maintain all records relating to the management of the Club ensuring confidentiality and data protection of the children, their families and members of staff.
· Liaise with the finance co-ordinator to ensure rigid controls of the budget and be responsible for ordering, purchasing of equipment, supplies and resources.
· Administer bookings and timely collection of fees, ensuring that all money transactions are handled and documented according to the electronic and manual systems in place.
· Take responsibility during club hours for health & safety, accident prevention and the smooth running of emergency procedures for both children and the staff team.
· To promote the inclusion of all children.
· To establish positive and sensitive relationships with children. To act as a role model and set achievable expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To liaise with the Designated Safeguarding Lead and where necessary take on the role of DSL to ensure the children are fully safeguarded.
· To ensure adequate standards of safety and hygiene are maintained throughout the Out of School Club, including completing risk assessments and recording and reporting hazards and accidents.
· Ensure that all staff adhere to the ethos and work within the policies, guidance and procedures of St Francis Youth & Community Centre.
· Take responsibility with other staff members for following registration and signing-out of children daily.
· Assist to set up the provision for the program and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
· To advise the Centre Manager of any concerns e.g. the safety of equipment or facilities, over children, parents, or staff, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· Develop and sustain effective and positive relationships with local schools, all relevant professionals including the Local Authority, LADO and OFSTED.
· To liaise with parents and carers to encourage parental involvement and support of the Out of School club’s management and administration including; implementing changes to working practices.
· To provide support for the children’s emotional and social needs by implementing the principles of the Behaviour Policy and role modelling high standards in all aspects of their role and personal conduct.
· To be responsible for liaising with parents and carers regarding timely collection and payment of fees.
· To work with the children, offering an appropriate level of support.
· To help develop work and play needs of 4-12 year olds by working in line with the EYFS and introducing the seven areas of learning and development.
· Ensure every child aged 4 and 5 years has a key worker who liaises closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
· Administration and design of all observations within the EYFS is constructed on a weekly basis.
· To attend training courses and meetings as required.
· Organise, lead and attend meetings which relate to the Club’s management, administration or organisation including; open days or evenings.
· Organise and participate in the Club’s Self Evaluation Form, monitoring and evaluating quality of service, through regular meetings and by producing the annual Self Evaluation Report and Quality Improvement Plan.
· Lead and organise performance management of the Out of School Club’s staff team.
· Maintain working relationships with all members of staff including other site users (particularly the Centre Manager and the site cleaner).
· Effectively manage the occupancy levels of the Out of School Clubs; managing waiting lists and offering places. Organise and participate in advertising and marketing the Out of School Clubs to effectively maintain occupancy.
· To carry out any other duties as required by the Board of Directors.
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.