Flourish Education are recruiting a Design and Technology teacher to work in a Secondary school in Edgbaston starting immediately. This Design & Technology Teacher role is full-time teaching Design and Technology (mainly materials and manufacture) across Key Stages 3 and 4. Our client prides itself on having an outstanding curriculum designed to inspire learners to accelerate their academic growth and personal development.
A successful Design and Technology Teacher will have excellent subject knowledge and be confident in teaching Materials and manufacture across key stages 3 and 4. Whole class teaching responsibilities will be required including planning, marking, and attending CPD sessions.
This Design & Technology Teacher role is due to start in January and is covering a maternity.
To apply to this Design & Technology Teacher role, you will need the following.
- QTS- Qualified Teacher Status in Design & Technology
- Experience in teaching resistant materials is desirable.
- ECTs (Early Career Teachers) are encouraged to apply.
- Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
- Excellent subject knowledge of Design & Technology
- Able to teach Design & Technology up to Key Stage 4
- Excellent behaviour and classroom management skills
- A strong school reference from your recent employer
Responsibilities as a Design & Technology Teacher
- Whole class teaching responsibilities including planning and marking.
- Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress.
- Improving Design & Technology GCSE results
- Act as a Form Tutor
- Engage in faculty trips and learning outside of the classroom.
- Create an attractive and stimulating learning environment which is refreshed frequently.
- Maintain strong behaviour management and classroom management skills.
- Ensure all practical lessons are carried out efficiently and safely.
Working as a Design & Technology Teacher for Flourish Education you will receive excellent benefits including:
- A competitive salary of up to £250 per day which equates to £48,750 based on working 5 days a week for the full school year.
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 14.36% of your day rate.
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1, Prevent and FGM training.
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme.
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work.
- Up to £150 welcome to the team bonus – paid automatically after working 10 days.
- Your own dedicated consultant who will spend time getting to know you to ensure you are placed in schools that you will thrive in
- Free ongoing CPD opportunities
The school is situated near Edgbaston and is easily accessible from areas such as: Birmingham City Centre, Quinton, Harborne, Moseley and Selly Oak.
Interested? Apply now or call Sarah at Flourish Education for more information. I really look forward to hearing from you.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.