Smethwick, West Midlands
Temporary Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently working with an academy in Sandwell that are looking to recruit an English Learning Mentor immediately on a long-term basis. Our client is a larger than average Secondary school that provides a varied and rich curriculum to students.
The school are looking for a Mentor or Coach to take small groups of students out of their English lessons to provide English and exam intervention. The successful candidate will be working mainly with Key Stage 4, but some Key Stage 3 sessions will be required.
Our client is looking for an individual can help facilitate pupils learning and overcome any barriers they may face.
This role is starting immediately and is expected to last until the end of the academic year.
To apply to this English Learning Mentor, you will need the following:
· Experience working within a UK Secondary School
· English Degree / Level 3 qualification
· Experience working as an academic coach / mentor
· Excellent communication skills
· Good behaviour management skills
Responsibilities as and English Learning Mentor:
· To support pupils in small groups and or a 1:1 basis
· Help students overcome barriers that impact their learning
· Encourage pupil’s development and learning
· To be paid up to £75 a day
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis – Drummond at Flourish Education