Harborne, West Midlands
Permanent Full Time
Flourish Education are currently working with a Secondary School in Harborne that are recruiting a Food Technology Technician. Our client has an excellent local reputation and prides themselves on producing enthusiastic and self-motivated learners.
This role will involve preparing for and supporting students in Art and Food Technology lessons across Key Stage 3 and 4. The successful candidate will play a key role in the department supporting classroom teachers to arrange and order equipment while getting the classroom ready for practical lessons.
This position is a full-time role to start immediately and is expected to last until the end of the academic year.
To apply for the Food Technology Technician role, you will need the following:
· Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School (Candidates with primary experience are encouraged to apply)
· To have worked as an Art or Design Technician or Teacher previously
· Experience working in Art and or Food Technology lessons
Responsibilities of a Food Technology Technician:
· Support classroom Teacher in lessons
· Arrange classroom ready for lessons
· Organise and manage equipment
· Follow Health and Safety procedures
· Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress
· To be paid up to £90 a day
· Continued professional development
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references, and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.