Up to £220 per day
Permanent Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently working with a Secondary School in Perry Barr that are recruiting a Head of Department for Science to start in September 2019 on a permanent basis. Our client promotes a culture of academic excellence in a caring and supportive environment with the belief that all students have the potential to succeed.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Science Teacher that is able to lead the current Science Department, focusing on improving standards and raising pupil attainment. This role will involve developing an accessible dynamic curriculum across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 and whole class teaching responsibilities will also be required.
This Head of Department positon is starting from September 2019 and is a full time permanent position.
To apply to this role, you will need the following:
· QTS in Science
· Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
· Experience leading a faculty is a desirable
· Excellent subject knowledge of Biology, Chemistry and Physics up to Key Stage 5
· Leading the Science Department
· Developing an exciting curriculum
· Raise pupil outcomes
· Whole class teaching responsibilities
· Driving improvements in GCSE Science grade improvements
· Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress
· Salary MPS /UPS (plus TLR)
· Continued professional development
· Pension Scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options
· Holiday Pay
· Dedicated Consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciate you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis-Drummond at Flourish Education