Flourish Education are recruiting a Head of French to work with a Secondary school in Dudley starting in January on a full-time permanent basis. Our client is a smaller School who has a clear vision through drive and energy and has a caring nature towards pupils and staff.
The duties of a Head of French will involve teaching engaging and informative French lessons across Key stages 3 and 4 whilst successfully leading, managing, and motivating the department to maintain a positive and effective working ethos.
This head of French role is starting in January and will be permanent for the right candidate.
To apply to this Head of French role, you will need the following.
- QTS- Qualified Teacher status in French
- Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
- Excellent understanding of the French curriculum
- Previous experience as a head of the department is desirable.
- Able to teach French up to Key Stage 4
- A good recent School reference.
- excellent classroom and behaviour management skills
- Has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Has well-developed leadership qualities but is also an effective team member
Responsibilities as a Head of French
- Whole class teaching responsibilities including planning and marking.
- Driving improvements in French GCSE grades
- Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress.
- Delivering informative but engaging lessons for students across Key stages 3 and 4
- To successfully lead, manage and motivate the French department to maintain a positive and effective working ethos.
- To organise the planning, teaching, staffing, and resourcing of effective lessons in the department to facilitate high attainment and achievement in French ( MFL)
- To regularly review and update all schemes of work relating to French including assessment and learning objectives.
Working as a French Head of Department for Flourish Education you will receive excellent benefits including:
A competitive salary of up to £238 per day which is equivalent to £46,410 per annum based on working 5 days a week for a full school year.
- They are offering an additional £5100 for TLR and R&R Allowance for the right candidate
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 14.36% of your day rate.
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1, Prevent and FGM training.
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme.
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work.
- Up to £150 welcome to the team bonus – paid automatically after working 10 days.
- Your own dedicated consultant who will spend time getting to know you to ensure you are placed in schools that you will thrive in
- Free ongoing CPD opportunities
The school is situated in Dudley and is easily commutable by car or public transport from a range of areas such as Dudley, Sandwell, and Wolverhampton.
Interested? Apply now or call Georgia Hayward at Flourish Education for more information.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.