Permanent Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently working with a school in Small Heath who are recruiting a Head of Department for Geography on a permanent basis from September. Our client offers a varied and broad curriculum and sets both students and staff high expectations to achieve their maximum potential.
Our client are looking for an outstanding and dedicated Geography Teacher who has experience working as Head of Department or looking to take the next step in their career. This role will require leading the curriculums development, teaching and planning while ensuring that it is delivered by the whole department.
This Head of Geography teaching role is full time and to start in September on a permanent basis.
To apply to this role, you will need the following:
· QTS in Geography
· Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
· Experience working as Head of Department is desirable
· Excellent subject knowledge of Geography up to Key Stage 4
· Good behaviour management skills
· Whole class teaching responsibilities
· Curriculum development
· Lead assessment team
· Leading the whole Geography Department
· Driving improvements in grades
· Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress
· To be paid up to £23,720 – £39,406 a day (plus TLR)
· Continued professional development
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis – Drummond at Flourish Education