Handsworth, West Midlands
Up to £220 per day
Permanent Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently working with a Secondary School in Handsworth for 11-19 year olds that are recruiting a Head of Science on a permanent basis from September. This is a large secondary school where staff and students work collaboratively to achieve success.
Our client is seeking a current Head of Science or an experienced Science Teacher to join their team. They are looking for a candidate that wants to develop professionally by taking on the responsibility of leading the department.
This role will involve improving standards, raising pupil attainment and developing the Science curriculum. Whole class teaching responsibilities will also be required across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
This Head of Science positon is starting from September 2019 and is a full time permanent position.
To apply to this role, you will need the following:
· QTS in Science
· Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
· Experience leading a faculty is a desirable
· Excellent subject knowledge of Biology, Chemistry and Physics up to Key Stage 5
· Leading the Science Department
· Developing an exciting curriculum
· Raise pupil outcomes
· Whole class teaching responsibilities
· Driving improvements in GCSE Science grade improvements
· Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress
· Salary MPS /UPS (plus TLR)
· Continued professional development
· Pension Scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options
· Holiday Pay
· Dedicated Consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciate you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis-Drummond at Flourish Education