Flourish Education are Recruiting a Humanities Teacher for a Secondary school based in Oldbury. This Humanities Teacher position will be full-time teaching humanities (History up to key stage 4) and (Geography to key stage 3.) Our client is a happy and vibrant school that aims to provide the best learning environment for students and staff.
The duties of a humanities Teacher will involve teaching engaging and informative History and Geography lessons across Key Stages 3 and 4. This role will include whole class responsibilities such as planning and marking, the ideal candidate will have good classroom management and strong subject knowledge.
This Humanities Teacher position is full-time and is due to start immediately on an ongoing basis.
To apply to this Humanities Teacher role, you will need the following.
- QTS - (Qualified Teacher Status) in Humanities (History or Geography) (NQTs are encouraged to apply)
- Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
- Excellent understanding of the Humanities curriculum
- Able to teach History up to Key Stage 4 and Geography up to Key Stage 3
- Excellent behaviour and classroom management skills
- A strong school reference from your recent employer
Responsibilities as a Humanities Teacher
- Whole class teaching responsibilities including planning and marking.
- Driving improvements in GCSE grades
- Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress.
- Improving Humanities GCSE results
- Engage in faculty trips and learning outside of the classroom.
- Create an attractive and stimulating learning environment which is refreshed frequently.
- Covering other pre-planned humanities subjects throughout the school when timetabling is light.
- To be paid up to £220 a day up to £42,900 per annum based on working 5 days a week for a full school year.
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 15.38% of your day rate.
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1 and Prevent training.
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme.
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work.
- Dedicated consultant that you can contact out of hours.
- Automatic £100 thank you bonus paid directly into your account after working 10 days with us.
The school is situated in Oldbury and is easily commutable from areas such as Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Bearwood, Dudley and West Bromwich.
Are you a humanities teacher looking to make a change? If so then apply now or call Georgia at Flourish Education for more information. I really look forward to hearing from you.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.