Balsall Heath, West Midlands
Up to £250 per day
Temporary Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently working with a large academy in Balsall Heath who are recruiting for an interim deputy head teacher to start as soon as possible. The school have a current need due to the existing head taking on a headship role within anther academy within the group.
The school are looking for someone that can join their team in shaping the young minds of our future. You will be working closely with the Head Teacher shaping the ethos and practices for teaching and learning, driving high standards.
This could be a great
opportunity for an exceptional primary teacher with an excellent track record
making an impact in Early Years/KS1/KS2 or a middle leader.
To Apply to this role you will need the following
· PGCE Primary qualification or similar.
· Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff within a performance management framework, including professional development and effective management of underperformance
· Takes personal responsibility for their own actions
· Resilience and motivation to lead the academy through day-to-day challenges while maintaining a clear strategic vision and direction
· Understands how to set high aspirations and effective strategies for the school Including; delivery and prioritisation of school leadership management that faces all aspects of curriculum, learning, administration, finance and communication
· Clear understanding of the strategies to establish consistently high standards of behaviour in an inner city school and commitment to relentlessly instilling these strategies
· Strong organisational skills and ability to delegate
· Use of data to inform and diagnose weaknesses that need addressing
· Excellent classroom practitioner
· Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and reward
· Has good communication, planning and organisational skills
· To support staff, including all other members of the leadership team, in their work for the development and improvement of the academy
· To support and contribute to the process of writing, implementing, evaluating and reviewing the annual Improvement Plan
· Take responsibility for day to day management of the school
· Take full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Head of School
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.