Longbridge, West Midlands
Temporary Full Time
Flourish Education are currently working with a Secondary School in Selly Oak who are recruting Learning Mentors. The school has an excellent local reputation for its academic success and ensure that all staff and students feel valued and recognise each student’s success within the school.
Our client regularly uses Learning Mentors to work with pupils 1:1 and in small groups to facilitate their learning and manage behaviour within the classroom. It is essential that a successful candiate has excellent classroom management and is able to help students overcome barriers preventing them from working.
This role is starting immediately and is intially a short term temporary postion that could become longer term.
To apply to this role, you will need the following:
· Experience working within a UK Secondary School (If you have worked in a Primary School and interested please do apply)
· Minimum Level 3 qualification
· Excellent communication skills
· Good behaviour management skills
· To support pupils in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
· Help students overcome barriers that impact their learning
· Encourage pupil’s development and learning
· Work with students on a 1:1 basis
· Experience working with pupils with behaviour and learning difficulties
· To be paid up to £75 a day
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis – Drummond at Flourish Education