Selly Oak, West Midlands
Up to £75 per day
Temporary Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently recruiting a Learning Mentor for a Secondary School in South Birmingham. Our client is a school for 11- 16-year olds that has an excellent local reputation for its academic success. They ensure that all staff and students feel valued and recognise each students’ contributions and success within the school.
The role will involve providing additional support and guidance to students that experience barriers in their learning due to social, emotional or behavioural difficulites. It is essential that the successful candidate can help facilitate students learning and bring excellent behaviour management skills to the classroom.
This role is a part time temporary position starting in January 2019.
To apply to this role, you will need the following:
· Experience working within a UK Secondary School (If you have worked in a Primary School and interested please do apply)
· Minimum Level 3 qualification
· Excellent communication skills
· Good behaviour management skills
· To support pupils in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
· Help students overcome barriers that impact their learning
· Encourage pupil’s development and learning
· Work with students on a one to one basis
· Experience working with pupils with behaviour and learning difficulties
· To be paid up to £75 a day
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis – Drummond at Flourish Education