Flourish Education are recruiting a Playworker to work in a Primary school in Shirley to join their support staff team on a long-term basis. The school aim to provide an environment where individuals, both children and staff, feel valued through an ethos of caring and encouragement, understanding and appreciation.
Our client wants to appoint a Playworker to conduct outdoor activities and conduct interventions with children with SEN. Responsibilities in this role include facilitating play activities, promoting positive social interactions and supporting the children to meet their individual needs,.
This Playworker role is to start ASAP on a long-term basis. The position is full-time.
Required Skills and Experience for this Playworker role:
- Experience working in schools in the UK
- Minimum Level 2 qualification
- Experience supporting children with SEN
- Experience in KS1 and KS2
- Effectively manage the behaviour and engagement of the children
- Motivating and encouraging the children
- Supporting with learning and development
- Commitment to the role
- Being flexible when needed
Working for Flourish Education as a Playworker you will receive:
- A competitive salary of up to £95 per day which equates to £18,525 based on working 5 days a week for the full school year
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 14.36% of your day rate
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1, Prevent and FGM training
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work
- Up to £150 welcome to the team bonus – paid automatically after working 10 days
- Your own dedicated consultant who will spend time getting to know you to ensure you are placed in schools that you will thrive in
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
This Playworker opportunity is located in Shirley which is easily commutable from Highters Heath, Solihull, Monkspath, Hall Green, Billesley, Kings Heath and most areas of Birmingham via car, bus and train.
To apply for this Playworker role or to discuss it further, please contact Paige Skinner at Flourish Education
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.