Flourish Education are recruiting for an intervention teacher to work in a school in the Winson Green area. The role will be to work with individual pupils and small groups to help them to prepare for Key Stage Two SATs. Previous experience as a teacher in Year Six or Upper Key Stage Two would be required – with strong subject knowledge essential to the role. This role also involves some interventions in Year 5.
The position is due to start as soon as possible and working part-time until Year Six SATs (in May 2023). As this is a long-term intervention teacher role, commitment to the position will be essential.
Job role of an intervention teacher
- Teaching/intervention work with Year 5/6 pupils
- Teaching 3 days per week
- SATs booster groups or intervention teacher experience is desirable
- Long term position
- Reporting pupil progress against targets/action plans.
- Build relationships with the pupils, parents and staff.
- Attend CPD relevant to the role.
- Show secure subject knowledge to support learning.
- Follow school policy regarding behaviour management systems.
Required skills and experience of an intervention teacher
- Valid teaching qualification (QTS).
- Good knowledge of SATs curriculum/expectations
- A nurturing and caring approach with young people.
- Commitment to a long-term role.
- A DBS on the update service or issued in the last 12 months.
- Minimum of 2 excellent references required.
Benefits, culture and company information
- Agency offering personal and friendly approach
- Personal CV writing service
- Daily rate of £120 and £170 per day (£23,400 and £33,150 for full academic year)
- Dedicated consultant contactable 24/7
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
- Pension scheme
- PAYE and Umbrella payment solutions
- Holiday pay of 15.38%
The teacher role is located in the Winson Green area with some on-site parking available for teachers and teaching assistants to use. There is on-road parking nearby and the school is easily reached by public transport. For those commuting from nearby areas of Hockley, Edgbaston, Smethwick and Handsworth this role would be ideal. Candidates based in the wider Birmingham areas are also within reach of the school.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please apply now or get in touch with Libby at Flourish Education.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.