Are you a primary teacher looking for work in the Oldbury area? If so, we are working with a local school who are seeking a full-time Year 1 teacher to work with them on a long-term basis. The role would involve full class responsibilities, including planning, marking and assessment.
Previous experience working in Key Stage One, especially working in Year 1 and with Phonics screening knowledge would be preferrable. The school offers a supportive and welcoming team and PPA allowance would be allocated.
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Richard at Flourish Education LTD.
To apply for this Teaching assistant role you will need the following:
- Teaching in a Year 1 class
- Full planning, marking and assessment required (PPA time allocated)
- Reporting pupil progress against targets/action plans
- Build relationships with the pupils, parents and staff
- Attend CPD relevant to the role
- Show secure subject knowledge to support learning
- Follow school policy regarding behaviour management systems
Required skills and experience
- Valid teaching qualification (QTS)
- Early Career Teachers (ECTs) may be considered
- Knowledge of the year group expectations
- A nurturing and caring approach with young people
- Commitment to a long-term role
- A DBS on the update service or issued in the last 12 months.
- Minimum of 2 excellent references required.
Benefits, culture and company information
- Agency offering personal and friendly approach
- Personal CV writing service
- Actual salary of £140 to £199 per day (£27,300 to £38,805 for full academic year)
- Dedicated consultant contactable 24/7
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
- Pension scheme
- PAYE and Umbrella payment solutions
- Holiday pay of 14.36%
The roles are based in the Oldbury area and can be easily reached from the surrounding areas of Dudley, Sandwell, Smethwick, Rowley Regis. For those commuting by car, the wider areas of Quinton, Harborne, Wednesbury, West Bromwich and Stourbridge are within reach.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.