Willenhall, West Midlands
Up to £118 per day
Temporary Full Time
Flourish Education are currently working with a School within the Walsall area who are seeking an experienced Science Head of Department.
This role will involve planning, delivering and marking of lessons and also running a department of experienced and new staff. Ideally this role would suit a strong and focused head of department who has evidence of raising examination results and improving a department.
This is a well ran department that are focused on raising standards and improving students learning journeys. It is a full time role beginning after February half term that is to become permanent for the right applicant.
To apply for the role you will need the following:
· Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
· Experience as a Head of Department
· A passion for teaching
· Two professional references for the last two years of teaching
· A proven record of raising learning standards
Within this role you will be responsible for:
· Take on a full planning and marking role whilst undertaking a full timetable for Key Stages 3, 4 & 5.
· Able to demonstrate students progression in all lessons for all abilities
· Manage a team whilst also completing a full time table
· Manage behaviour as per the school guidelines
· Able to assess staff and students work for progression
· Report to senior leadership & line managers
In return, you will receive:
· A competitive salary
· Free Ongoing CPD including Safeguarding Training
· Holiday Pay
· PAYE and Umbrella Pay Options
· Dedicated Consultant
· The opportunity to work with a family-run agency who value each candidate as an individual
*Terms and Conditions Apply
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Shannon at Flourish Education on 01902 544 943