Flourish Education are recruiting a Science Teacher to work in a Secondary school in the Solihull area. This Science Teacher role is full time teaching all three sciences (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) across key stage 3 and 4. Our Client prides themselves on being an exceptionally caring and nurturing school that prioritises the well-being of students and staff.
A successful Science Teacher will have excellent subject knowledge and be confident teaching Biology, Chemistry and Physics in key stages 3 and 4. Whole class teaching responsibilities will be required including planning, marking, and attending CPD sessions.
This Science Teacher role is starting in January and is initially for one term with the possibility of being extended.
To apply for this Science Teacher role, you will need the following:
- QTS - Qualified Teacher status in Science (ECT’s are encouraged to apply)
- Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School
- Excellent subject knowledge of Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
- Commitment to the role
- Able to teach all three Sciences up to Key Stage 4
- Two recent ‘good’ School references.
- Excellent classroom and behaviour management skills
Responsibilities as a Science Teacher:
- Whole class teaching responsibilities including planning and assessing
- Monitoring and ensuring pupil progress
- Improving Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) GCSE results
- Engage in faculty trips and learning outside of the classroom.
- Create an attractive and stimulating learning environment which is refreshed frequently
Working as a Science Teacher for Flourish Education you will receive excellent benefits including:
- To be paid up to £250 per day which equates to £48,750 based on working 5 days a week for the full school year
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 14.36% of your day rate.
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1, Prevent and FGM Training
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme.
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work.
- Your own dedicated consultant who will spend time getting to know you to ensure you are placed in schools that you will thrive in
- Free ongoing CPD opportunities
- Up to £150 welcome to the team bonus – paid automatically after working 10 days.
We are currently working with a variety of different secondary schools and academies in Solihull which are commutable from areas such as Acocks Green, Dorridge, Knowle, Sheldon, Shirley and Tyseley.
Interested? Apply now or call Sarah at Flourish Education for more information. I really look forward to hearing from you.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.