Dudley, West Midlands
Up to £75 per day
Temporary Full Time
Flourish Education are working with a Secondary School in Dudley who are recruiting for a Science Technician to start immediately. Our client is a smaller School who has a clear vision through drive and energy and has a caring nature towards pupils and staff.
The role will entail working independently rearranging chemicals and other materials into appropriate classrooms and cupboards throughout the school holidays.
As a science technician you will also be expected to prepare for science demonstrations in term time and have the ability to assist when demonstrations are taking place.
This Science Technician role will be full time, with the working hours of 8.00am-4.00pm on a temporary basis of 3 months but has the potential to roll over.
To apply to this Science Technician role, you will need the following
· Previous experience working as a Science Technician
· Excellent organisation skills
· Have experience working in a school environment
Responsibilities as a Science Technician
· Preparation and assembly of components for demonstration, class practical work, assessments, and examinations. To prepare solutions and materials.
· To ensure equipment and electrical connections and other materials are left/stored in a safe and secure condition, ready for re-use.
· rearranging chemicals and other materials into appropriate cupboards and classrooms throughout the school holidays
· Have the ability to assist when demonstrations are taking place.
· To be paid up to £75 a day
· Continued professional development
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references, and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.