Selly Oak, West Midlands
Up to £90 per day
Temporary Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are currently working with a school in South Birmingham that looking for a dedicated Science Technician to start immediately to support their Science Department.
Our Client is a modern comprehensive school that has students from 11 – 18 years old who are given the opportunity to thrive academically and in the local community.
This is a full time interim cover position and is to start ASAP.
To apply to this Science Technician role, you will need the following:
· Previous experience working as a Science Technician
· Experience teaching in a UK Secondary School or College
· Excellent communication skills
Responsibilities as a Science Technician:
· Preparation of stock solutions
· Maintaining glassware in classrooms
· Preparing practical’s prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms
· General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
· Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores
· Provide technical support and health and safety advice to both staff and students
· Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material
· To be paid up to £90 a day
· Continued professional development
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis – Drummond at Flourish Education