Solihull, West Midlands
Temporary Full Time
Flourish Education are currently working with a Sixth Form in Solihull who are looking to recruit a SEN Learning Support Assistant to work with students aged 16-19. Our client is a Sixth Form that provides A-Level, BTEC and CACHE courses across a variety of subjects. A successful candidate will work alongside the Additional Learning Support Team who work across the whole Sixth Form to support students.
This role will involve taking notes in Level 3 Science classes while supporting students both inside and outside the classroom to enable them to meet deadlines and improve their organisational skills. A SEN Learning Support Assistant will also be responsible for providing physical support to students and may be required to invigilate and scribe in examinations. Experience of working with learners with hearing impairments is ideal but not essential.
The position of SEN Learning Support Assistant has become available due to a staff absence and expected to start February Half Term on long-term full-time basis.
To apply to this role, you will need the following:
· SEN experience is essential
· To have supported pupils in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
· Experience working with pupils with ASD and ADHD
· Experience working within a UK Secondary School or College (If you have worked in a Primary School and interested please do apply)
· Minimum Level 3 qualification
· To work alongside the Additional Learning Support Team
· Provide 1:1 support to students
· Support students in the classroom
· Provide physical support around the College campus
· Encourage pupil’s development and learning
· To be paid up to £80 a day
· Pension scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options available
· Holiday Pay
· A dedicated consultant
· Opportunity to work with a family run agency that appreciates you as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information please contact Lizzy Francis – Drummond at Flourish Education