About The Role
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are working with a fantastic Special Needs school in Solihull who are looking for a ‘Team Teach’ Trained Outdoor Pastoral TA to join them ASAP
Brand new, purpose built Special Needs School based in Solihull. They have state of the art facilities like a 5-a-side football sports hall, hairdressing salon, Music room and many more. They cater for around 80 pupils from Year’s 2 - 11
The children needs vary from SEMH, ASD, Asperger’s, MLD, SpLD, Dyslexia, SLCN and some medical conditions such as ADHD and Visual & Hearing impairments.
They have separate Primary & Secondary units and students are taught in groups of around eight by an allocated Teacher and Teaching Assistant The school has a very welcoming feel to it and they offer free refreshments to all staff as well as offering a full Team Teach and safeguarding programme. They also offer a full range of salary sacrifice benefits
- Devise and implement strategies to support learning and behaviour such as social stories, work schedules.
- Lead a planned programme of intervention activities.
- Plan and deliver a series of parent workshops on supporting children in the home environment.
- Support pupils or groups of children in the classroom and on a 1:1 basis
- Support pupils during social activities and outings.
- Participate in the transition of children into a new provision
- Take charge of a group or class in emergency situations under the direction and control of the Head Teacher, or other designated member of staff (this will only be for a maximum of 1 day)
- Take the necessary action and intervention as a result of poor pupil performance.
- Assist in enforcing sanctions and discipline, in accordance with school policies.
This is a full time, Long Term post with the possibility of being made into a permanent position
- Qualified to instruct at least two of the following activities; Canoeing, Sailing, Climbing, Abseiling, Forest School or Duke of Edinburgh.
- Team Teach Trained
- Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety issues and an understanding of the Children’s Act.
- Ability to organise, lead and motivate staff and pupils others
- Willing to attend relevant training.
- An understanding of issues relating to children with SEMH, Autism and other needs
- Willingness to work in close partnership with staff, parents and other professionals.
- Empathy with children/parents who are experiencing difficulties.
- Applications from candidates who can also drive a minibus or are trained in VI or HI techniques (Makaton, Braille, BSL) would be most welcome (however, this is not essential).
All candidates are subject to enhanced DBS reference and list 99 checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment agency and business