Are you a qualified teacher looking for a new challenge? Have you ever considered working in a SEN school? Flourish Education are working with schools in the local area who are recruiting for teaching staff to join their team – with SEN experience or who have worked in mainstream schools.
The schools we work alongside work closely as a staff team to make a big difference to pupils with a range of additional needs. Many of the pupils have learning needs, such as: Autism, ASD, non-verbal communication etc. so experience with these would be desirable. As with any long term role, commitment to the position is extremely important.
- Teaching across KS1 to KS4 classes
- Teaching pupils with additional learning needs
- Reporting pupil progress against targets/action plans.
- Build relationships with the pupils, parents and staff.
- Attend CPD relevant to the role – whole staff and SLT meetings.
- Follow school policy regarding behaviour management systems.
- Full time position until Jul 2024.
Required skills and experience
- Valid teaching qualification (QTS).
- Previous experience working in a SEN school (desirable)
- A nurturing and caring approach with young people.
- Commitment to a long-term role.
- A DBS on the update service or issued in the last 12 months.
- Minimum of 2 excellent references required.
Benefits, culture and company information
- Agency offering personal and friendly approach
- Personal CV writing service
- Actual salary of £140 and £199 per day (£27,300 and £38,805 for full academic year)
- Dedicated consultant contactable 24/7
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
- Pension scheme
- PAYE and Umbrella payment solutions
- Holiday pay of 14.36%
The teacher role is based in the Kingswinford area so is easily reached by public transport from Stourbridge, Dudley and Brierley Hill. For those travelling by car, the school is accessible from Dudley, Hagley, Halesowen, Wombourne, Oldbury and Kidderminster.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please apply now or get in touch with Richard at Flourish Education.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.