Are you a teaching assistant with SEN experience?
Flourish Education are recruiting for a teaching assistant to work in a school in the Cradley Heath area on a full time basis. The teaching assistant role is working 1:1 to support a Year One pupil with additional needs, including SEMH. Previous experience working as a one-to-one support and with SEN needs if therefore required.
The role is an ongoing and full-time position, with the working hours of 8.30 to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role, someone who is committed to building a regular and consistent school environment for the pupils is essential.
- Supporting Year 1 pupil and providing One to one support
- Supporting individual pupils with additional needs (SEMH).
- Liaise with the class teacher, SENCO and other agencies to meet the needs of the pupil.
- Working between 8.30 to 3.30pm, 5 days per week
Required skills and experience
- Higher-level teaching assistant (HLTA) qualification or a minimum Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification.
- UK school experience
- Previous experience working with SEN needs, including SEMH.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- A DBS on the update service or issued in the last 12 months.
- Minimum of 2 excellent references required.
Benefits, culture and company information
- Agency offering personal and friendly approach
- Personal CV writing service
- Actual salary of £75 to £90 per day (which equates to £14,625 to £17,550 based on working 195 days per year)
- Dedicated consultant contactable 24/7
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
- Pension scheme
- PAYE and Umbrella payment solutions
- Holiday pay of 14.36%
The school is located in the Cradley Heath area and is easily accessed by both car and public transport. There is a staff car park for teachers and teaching assistants, with parking around the school on nearby roads. For those commuting from areas such as Dudley, Stourbridge, Smethwick, Halesowen and Bartley Green this would be easily reached.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.