Flourish Education are looking for a teaching assistant to work in a school in the Oldbury area. The position is working on a long-term basis, supporting in a SEN hub provision. The role will involve working alongside a small team to support a range of pupils with additional needs. Previous experience working with SEN students either as a 1:1 or in a smaller group setting is essential.
Working hours would be 8.30 to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday so commitment to the position and the ability to build relationships with the students would be essential.
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Richard at Flourish Education LTD.
To apply for this Teaching assistant role you will need the following:
- A relevant teaching assistant qualification (Level 2 or above).
- Previous experience working with SEN pupils
- Knowledge of how to help pupils meet targets such as IEPs/EHCPs
- Good communication, working effectively as part of a team.
- DBS on the update service or issued in the last 12 months.
- Minimum of 2 excellent references required.
- To be able to work 8.30 to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Responsibilities for the Teaching assistant role:
- To support pupils in their learning during daily lessons/tasks.
- To collaborate with colleagues and follow the directions of the class teacher.
- Build effective relationships with pupils and staff.
- Implement and monitor towards targets.
- Attend meetings in relation to the pupil
- To follow the school behaviour policy and code of conduct.
- To attend meetings and CPD training that is relevant to the role.
Benefits, culture and company information
- Agency offering personal and friendly approach.
- Personal CV writing service.
- Actual salary of £70 to £90 per day (£13,650 to £17,550 based on full year).
- Dedicated consultant contactable 24/7.
- Free on-going CPD opportunities.
- Pension scheme.
- PAYE and Umbrella payment solutions.
- Holiday pay of 14.36%.
The roles are based in the Oldbury area and can be easily reached from the surrounding areas of Dudley, Sandwell, Smethwick, Rowley Regis. For those commuting by car, the wider areas of Quinton, Harborne, Wednesbury, West Bromwich and Stourbridge are within reach.
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.