Flourish Education are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a Primary school in Hockley Heath to join their support staff team on a long-term basis. The school aim to provide pupils with a deep, long term and secure understanding of the subjects that they are learning about.
Our client wants to appoint a dedicated Teaching Assistant to provide support to two children with SEN in Year 2 and Year 3. Both pupils have SEMH and an EHCP in place. Responsibilities in this role include supporting the children to meet their individual needs, keeping them engaged and monitoring their progress.
This Teaching Assistant role is to start ASAP and will continue until the end of the academic year. The position is full-time.
Required Skills and Experience for this Teaching Assistant role:
- Minimum Level 3 Qualification
- Experience supporting children with SEN
- Experience in KS1 and KS2
- Effectively manage the behaviour and engagement of the child
- Motivating and encouraging the child
- Support with learning and development
- Liaising with the SENDCo and parents
- Commitment to the role
Working for Flourish Education as a Teaching Assistant you will receive:
- A competitive salary of up to £100 per day which equates to £19,500 based on working 5 days a week for the full school year
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 14.36% of your day rate
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1, Prevent and FGM training
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work
- Up to £150 welcome to the team bonus – paid automatically after working 10 days
- Your own dedicated consultant who will spend time getting to know you to ensure you are placed in schools that you will thrive in
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
This Teaching Assistant opportunity is located in Bordesley Green which is easily commutable from areas such as Small Heath, Balsall Heath, Tyseley, Alum Rock, Stechford, Yardley, Digbeth, Nechells and most areas of Birmingham via car, bus and train.
To apply for this Teaching Assistant role or to discuss it further, please contact Paige Skinner at Flourish Education
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.