Flourish Education are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work in an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Primary school in Alum Rock to join their support staff team on a long-term basis. The school strives to achieve the highest standards, they have high expectations of children and staff.
Our client wants to appoint a dedicated Teaching Assistant to work with children with SEN (moderate needs). Responsibilities in this role include supporting the children to meet their individual needs, keeping the children engaged and monitoring their progress.
This SEN Teaching Assistant role is to start ASAP and will continue until the end of the academic year. The position is full-time.
Required Skills and Experience for this SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Experience working in schools in the UK
- Minimum Level 3 qualification
- Experience supporting children with SEN
- Experience in KS1
- Effectively manage the behaviour and engagement of the children
- Motivating and encouraging the children
- Supporting with learning and development
- Working closely with the class teacher
- Commitment to the role
- Being flexible when needed
Working for Flourish Education as a SEN Teaching Assistant you will receive:
- A competitive salary of up to £100 per day which equates to £19,500 based on working 5 days a week for the full school year
- The option of PAYE or Umbrella
- Holiday Pay - for PAYE candidates you accrue this at 14.36% of your day rate
- Pension Contributions
- Free Safeguarding Level 1, Prevent and FGM training
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Regular contact throughout the registration process and once you are at work
- Up to £150 welcome to the team bonus – paid automatically after working 10 days
- Your own dedicated consultant who will spend time getting to know you to ensure you are placed in schools that you will thrive in
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
This SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity is located in Alum Rock which is easily commutable from areas such as Saltley, Shard End, Castle Vale, Stechford, Erdington, Nechells, Castle Bromwich and most areas of Birmingham via car, bus and train.
To apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant role or to discuss it further, please contact Paige Skinner at Flourish Education
Flourish Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidates are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency.