Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £173 per day
Temporary Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education is working with a school in South Birmingham near Bartley Green who are currently recruiting for a Year 1 Class Teacher. This role will be a part time role working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
The role is to cover a maternity cover and initially will run from September 2018 to the Christmas with the possibility of extending for the whole academic year.
The role of Year 1 Class Teacher will be a job share and you will share planning with the other Year 1 Teacher.
To apply to this role you will need the following
• Be fully responsible for a Year 1 class on a part time basis 3 days a week
• To have a clear understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 curriculum.
• Liaise with relevant Heads of Departments and Class Teachers regarding cross-curricular subject matter.
• To ensure that lessons are well prepared, efficiently resourced and appropriate to the ability level of the pupils in question;
• To teach pupils of all abilities with commitment, enthusiasm and to a high standard of competence;
• To keep a full and appropriate written record of work covered;
• Attend courses to keep self and staff informed of further developments;
• Attend all staff meetings and inset days as required;
• Attend parents’ evenings and staff meetings;
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.