Saltley, West Midlands
Temporary Full Time
This vacancy has expired!Search jobs
Flourish Education are working with a Secondary School in Bordesley Green that are recruiting a Music Head of Department to start immediately. Our client works closely with the local community and their staff team are hardworking, supportive and work together to create an environment where students come first and are motivated to learn.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Music Teacher that is able to lead the department, focusing on improving standards and raising pupil attainment. Ideally the right candidate will have prior experience as Head of Department or 2nd in Department looking to progress their career.
This role will involve teaching across Key Stage 3 and 4 alongside developing an innovative and accessible curriculum. Responsibilities will include organising extra-curricular activities and leading school productions.
This is a long-term full-time role starting immediately and is expected to continue until the end of the academic year.
To apply to this role Music Teacher role, you will need the following:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Experience as Head of Department or 2nd in Department
· Experience teaching Music up to Key Stage 4 (Including GCSE students)
· Good behaviour management
Responsibilities as a Music Teacher:
· Whole class teaching responsibilities
· Developing curriculum
· Leading and producing productions
· Driving improvements in grades
· Maintain good classroom behaviour
· Monitoring pupil progress
· Continued professional development
· Pension Scheme
· PAYE and Umbrella Payment options
· Holiday Pay
· Dedicated Consultant
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.