Birmingham, West Midlands
Permanent Full Time
Flourish Education are currently working with a large Secondary School based in Erdington who are seeking a Head of Physics to teach KS3 and KS4 pupils as well as manage the department. The right individual must be a specialist in physics with good subject knowledge and a passion for the subject.
This is a successful secondary school where the Science department works closely together, sharing good practice and producing good quality lessons. The school prides itself on having a positive, friendly and supportive ethos which enables all of their students to make progress, both academically and in their personal development.
To apply for the role, you will need the following:
· Qualified Teacher status (QTS) – NQT’s are encouraged to apply
· Experience as a secondary teacher
· Strong Physics Subject Knowledge
· A reference from your last teaching post
Within this role you will be responsible for:
· Take on a full planning and marking role whilst undertaking a full timetable for KS3 & KS4
· Managing the physics department
· Able to demonstrate student’s progression in all lessons for abilities
· Manage behaviour as per the school guidelines
· Manage teaching assistants effectively
In return, you will receive:
· A competitive salary
· Free Ongoing CPD including Safeguarding Training
· Holiday Pay
· PAYE and Umbrella Pay Options
· Dedicated Consultant
· The opportunity to work with a family-run agency who value each candidate as an individual
· Eligibility for our £500 Bonus Scheme*
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred checks. Flourish Education is acting as an employment and business agency. Flourish Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.