Flourish Education Candidate Code Of Conduct
Flourish Education expects the following from our candidates
“Flourish Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment."
Flourish Education Candidates agree to:
- Arrive in school no later than 8.15 unless it is a morning call, where I shall give an estimated time of arrival or a different time is agreed ahead of the booking.
- Take prepared teaching resources and planning if needed for an assignment.
- Dress in accordance with the school dress code – if you are unsure please ask your consultant.
- Attend staff meetings/parent’s evenings etc, if required, when on a long term assignment.
- Report all accidents to Flourish Education and the school as soon as possible.
- Follow the school’s discipline policy, and never engage in physical contact with any children at any time.
- Follow the schools safeguarding policy, reporting any concerns you may have including safeguarding, radicalisation or FGM.
- Remain behind at the end of the day until all pupils have safely left, and all work is marked if necessary.
- Be an ambassador for Flourish Education and to remain professional and friendly at all times.
- Ensure the behaviours and languages they display are suitable for children and to recognise that they play an important role model in the lives of children.
- Never engage in a relationship outside of the school with pupils or parents either in person or online, even after you stop working at that school.
- Never use your mobile devices while children are present/during contact time. Use of mobile phones should only be in staff rooms and offices where there are no children present.
- Never access social media around the children and must not give contact details to parents or pupils including those for social media and messaging apps.
- Never post anything online about the schools, pupils or parents you come into contact with.
- Inform Flourish Education if you have any direct contact with any of the schools you teach at through us.
- Regularly inform your consultant about your availability. If you cannot make an assignment, call your consultant at your earliest convenience to enable him/her to find a replacement teacher.
- Inform your consultant before 3pm the day before if you are unwell and are unable to attend your assignment or to inform your consultant before 7am, if you come down with an illness the morning of your assignment.
- Never cancel an assignment via text message
- Inform your consultant in writing if you move address, change your name, or have any changes in your personal circumstances which will prevent or restrict you from undertaking your role with us
- Read and you keep updated with Keep Children Safe in Education
Flourish Education are actively recruiting teachers, teaching assistants and non-teaching staff for schools, colleges, children's centres and nurseries across the West Midlands. If you are looking for a new role with an education setting, please search for our current job vacancies or call us on 0300 3033277
Submit your CV
Send a copy of your CV to be contacted by of our consultants.
Refer a friend
Recommend a friend or colleague and you could receive £100.
Register with us
Move one step closer to finding the teaching job you'll love.